Cost & Practicalities
When you're considering having a conservatory built, you need to carefully weigh up the practicalities of such a project by considering:
- Price - What will it cost? How will you pay for it? What additional costs might be involved, such as building/cosmetic work to the adjoining conservatory site? (Don't forget that a conservatory will add value to your home - see information from Ideal Home Magazine)
- Practicalities - How much planning is required by you? Will you have to temporarily rearrange the way you live or alter the layout of your home? Will you require planning permission?
- How long it will take? - When do you want it completed by? How will the weather and time of year affect building timescales?
By choosing Bahama Home Improvements all these questions will be answered for you in one-to-one discussions and in the full proposal you will receive from any prospective installation company. This will include cost,s, drawings and timescales to ensure you know exactly what's involved.
Below you will find rough guide prices for some of the most popular styles of conservatory that can be created using conservatory roofing systems: We must stress that your exact requirements will determine the cost.
Georgian Style 4000mm x 4000mm £ 9,750 - £16,000
Victorian Style 4000mm x 3500mm £ 9,000 - £15,000
Lean-to Style 3000mm x 3000mm £ 7,000 - £11,750
Please note that these prices are for guidance only and have been arrived at assuming the following general specification and circumstances:
- Reasonable access to installation point on site.
- Ideal ground, which is level and easy to dig
- No drainage/soil stacks to move
- Gutters on conservatory link to existing house system
- 450mm deep foundations on concrete strip/insulated base
- 600mm fair faced masonry to external/internal walls
- White PVC frames (reinforced as necessary) to include 4 top light openers and one pair of doors with white handles. Windows and doors to feature multi-point locking
- Glazing to side walls to be toughened 28mm sealed units in clear glass
- White pre-finished internal window boards
- Ultraframe conservatory roof with self cleaning argon filled glass with warm edge technology.
- Float finish to floor slab, ready to accept carpet or tiles
- 2 double power sockets and one electric heater included
Customer recommendation "Excellent service and excellent completion - Friendly, knowledgeable and excellent customer service, ten out of ten." February 2015
We are happy to supply a specific tailor made full quotation for either supply and fit or for supply only after discussing your particular
For Patio door security click here